- Upbeat Parade Productions is a production, management, coordination and consulting business for any type of parade from small town community parades to regionally and nationally televised parades
- Upbeat Parade Productions was founded in 2000 by Ray Pulver and is headquarted in San Jose, California
- Our clients include nonprofit organizations, Downtown Associations, Chamber of Commerces, cities and businesses
- We can work with parades throughout the country
- We are engaged in the parade planning process, production, onsite coordination and logistics support
- We can help conceive the parade theme or reimagine established parades
- Upbeat Parade Productions provides a professional and experienced team at all parades
Help communities entertain and celebrate with a well organized parade.
To be a leading professional parade production company that creates and produces well organized and exciting celebrations including community, ethnic, and televised parades in small towns and big cities.
An Event Producer, Production Manager, Creative Director, Logistics Expert and Consulant, Ray has over thirty-five years
experience in parade production.
He began working with parades as a volunteer for his hometown 4th of July Parade in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Learning and working all aspects of that parade, he was instrumental in helping that parade become the first nationally televised 4th of July Parade in the country, seen on over 200 PBS stations across America and on the American Forces Network around the world. After nearly 20 years with the Pittsfield Parade, he was approached to produce the San Jose Holiday Parade, which brought him to California. In the spring of 2000, Ray decided to start his own business, Upbeat Parade Productions, establishing himself as specialist in his field.
He has been a speaker on the topic of parades for the International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA), California/Nevada Festivals and Events Association (CalFest), colleges and universities, and other organizations’ seminars, conventions and classes throughout the United States. He has also been featured in special event publications distributed through IFEA and various parade related websites.
Ray has had the honor of serving as a parade float judge for several parades around the country including the Grand Floral Parade in Portland, Oregon (twice), the Kentucky Derby Festival Parade in Louisville and Carnaval Parade in San Francisco.
Ray is current a board member and past President of the Board for California/Nevada Festivals and Events Association, he serves on the Board for Vanguard Music and Performing Arts in Santa Clara and is a Board Member for March Music Made in McKinney, TX. He is also a member of the International Festivals and Events Association.Originally from Pittsfield, Massachusetts, Ray studied marketing at Berkshire Community College and worked as a manager at a financial institution in the Berkshires. He also worked for the City of San Jose permitting special events. Ray enjoys being with family and friends, traveling, drum corps shows, and band competitions. He resides in San Jose with his partner Thom and their cat Chloe.